Serving Central NY and
the Finger Lakes area.
- New Construction
- Roofing & Siding
- Windows & Doors
- Kitchens & Baths
- Seamless Gutters
- Decks & Patios
- Additions & Garages
Call Bounds today at
"Bounds Building and Remodeling Inc. has made our dreams a reality. From our initial consultation with Tim we knew that we needed to look no further for our new addition. We thank you for your hard work and dedication to our project."
--Mike and Jane W.
"I gathered 5 estimates for our new roof. Most roofers estimated 5-6 days for completion. I will admit when I sat down with you to review the proposal I was very skeptical when you said you could finish in one day. You were right though your crew was cleaned up without a nail in sight and gone by 7pm. Thanks for a beautiful job and I would highly recommend you to anyone."
more testimonials ...
What to Expect When Building a New Home
Stages in the New Home Building Process
Building a new home or doing a remodel can seem like an enormous challenge. However, by breaking it down into its key elements, it becomes more manageable and easier to digest.
We have outlined stages of the construction process so that you may understand the sequence followed. All stages usually occur but the order may be modified. Keep in mind this listing is meant only help initialize ideas for those thinking about building in the future. As with all homes that are custom built, there will be some variation to each job.
- Review Home site with purchaser
- Install Permit Cards/Silt Fences
- Order temporary power
- Clear Home site
- Excavate (dig for basement)
- Form/Dig Footings
- Inspection of Footings
- Pour footings
- Pour Basement Walls or Install block
- Waterproof Basement Walls
- Cure time for Foundation Walls
- Prepare and inspect slab
- Schedule Framing Material for delivery
- Pour Slab
- Schedule Windows, Doors, Fireplace
- Rough Plumbing
- Install Roofing
- Rough HVAC (Heating and Air)
- Rough Clean
- Heating, Plumbing, Electrical Inspections
- Framing Punch-Out
- Insulate Walls
- Framing Inspection
- Stock Drywall and Install Cabinets
- Install sewer and water lines
- Install Drywall
- Finish Drywall
- Paint Exterior
- Scrape and Sweep Floors
- Install Flooring
- Install interior trim
- Caulk and Prime interior
- Rough Grade Exterior
- Pour Driveway
- Install Cabinets
- Order Vanity tops
- Order Appliances
- Paint Interior
- Insulate Attic
- Order Wallpaper, Carpet, Vinyl, Mirrors, and Shower Door
- Install Ceramic Tile and Vanity Tops
- Finish Hardwood Floors-First coat
- Install Plumbing Trim
- Install HVAC Trim
- Order Water, Gas and Electric Meters
- Install Electric trim, Fixtures, and Appliances
- Install Gutters and Garage Door
- Install Mirrors, Shelving and Shower Door
- Install wallpaper and touch up sheetrock
- Final Grade/Landscaping and Mailbox
- Install Vinyl flooring and Carpet
- Finish coat Hardwoods
- Final Inspections: Plumbing, HVAC, and Electrical
- Obtain Certificate of Occupancy
- Final Paint Touch Up
- Meters Set
Call Bounds today at (315) 462-5122
to discuss your dream home!
From all of us at Bounds Building and Remodeling Inc.
We look forward to making your next project a reality!